Student Online Resources
Rowlett Middle Academy students use a variety of online software programs, websites, and tools to enhance their learning, collaboration, and communication. Below is a list of some of those programs, along with login information for accessing their student accounts:
- Google Classroom/Google Accounts. RMA students have Google Accounts which allow them to use tools such as Google Drive, Docs, and Classroom. Google Classroom is like an online interactive class notebook for students, allowing for teacher/student sharing of assignments, notes, communication....even assessments. Students use their RMA email and Manatee County Student ID number to access these programs.
- Username for 6th graders who attended RA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other students: email@example.com
- Students should include - (hyphenated name) and ‘ (apostrophe) symbols if part of formal name.
- Password for returning RMA students is their student ID number (begins with 41....and can be found in FOCUS and on student schedules)
- Initial Password for students new to RMA for 2018-2019: Stud3nt2018.
- First-time students only will then manually need to reset their Password: student Manatee ID number (begins with 41... and found in FOCUS). They will do this by logging in to Google with the temporary password, then clicking on the circle icon in upper right corner, then click on “Google Account” button, then scroll to “sign in to Google” then “password and sign in.” It will ask for their current password (Stud3nt2018) then prompt to enter the new (Student ID number) twice. Students should be completing this step at school. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET RESET YOUR PASSWORD TO YOUR STUDENT ID NUMBER, visit this link to watch a simple online tutorial: https://youtu.be/zvkQ-Dej-04
- WebNet/FOCUS. RMA students are encouraged to monitor their own grades and assignments in FOCUS, the online student gradebook program. FOCUS also notes student absences and other records.
- Students must visit webnet.manateeschools.net (not focus.manateeschools.net) to access the site to log on.
- Student username is their Manatee County Student ID number(begins with 41...)
- All student passwords have been reset to 2018, and ALL students MUST reset their password and set up the challenge questions. This should have been arranged through their science classes this year.
- Students can reset their own passwords if they forget at any time by going to webnet.manateeschools.net and clickIng the left side of the screen to retrieve their password (once they have completed the challenge questions in their science classes).
Discovery Education and Discovery Online Textbooks. Students can access this program at home to view Science, History, and Math online textbooks. Directions and screencast tutorial video:
- Username: RMA followed by the student’s ID# (ex. RMA41xxxxxxx)
- Password: rowlett
- Screencast Tutorial: https://youtu.be/Efm8t3YNwIc