Employment at Rowlett Middle AcademyThe mission of Rowlett Middle Academy is to provide a high quality educational experience that will foster a love of learning. Rowlett Middle Academy promotes creativity and excellence in academics by integrating communications, the arts, and leadership through a framework of 21st century learning. Rowlett Middle Academy offers a competitive salary and benefits package for employees.
Qualifications for Teacher Employment
- Florida teacher Certification covering appropriate area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups.
- Experience with industry-standard computer applications.
- The ability to create a learning environment that is active, engaging, and challenging.
- The ability to create a nurturing environment where all children feel valued, safe and secure.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should provide a resume and three letters of reference through email, fax, USPS, or via our online form
- by email to to our HR Manager, Amanda Corbett - email@example.com
- by fax to 941-896-3006
- by USPS to Rowlett Middle Academy 400 30th Ave. West, Bradenton FL 34205
Rowlett is a participant in the Florida Retirement System.
Teacher – Middle School – 2019-20 School Year
Subject Area Opportunities
- PE teacher or PE technician
- Paraprofessional/Teacher Aide/Assistant (scroll below for job description)
Rowlett Middle Academy is seeking full-time Teachers in a variety of subject areas to join our dynamic school starting in the Fall of 2019. As part of the instructional team, you will help provide an educational atmosphere where all students will move toward the fulfillment of their individual potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth in a school where arts, leadership, and communication are integrated into daily instruction.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution
- Florida State Certification in a Core Subject area and possession of necessary endorsements
- Must pass background check and have references verified prior to employment
- Knowledge of growth and development and characteristics of children in the age group assigned as well as application of varied teaching methods to address student learning styles
- Knowledge of current curriculum and educational research
- Basic use of current technology
- Strong oral and written communication with students, parents, and colleagues
- Ability to plan classroom instruction and implement activities for maximum engagement and effectiveness
- Ability to maintain classroom order and student supervision
- Develop both short- and long-range student goals based upon state standards and curriculum requirements
- Plan and provide student-based lessons and strategies that support both individual and school development goals
- Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and plans for improvement.
- Plan and deliver instructional activities that contribute to an actively engaged class with meaningful learning experiences
- Identify, select and modify instructional materials to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Establish and maintain efficient and state-compliant record keeping practices
- Use effective behavior management techniques consistent with school rules and expectations.
- Maintain a positive, organized and safe learning environment for student improvement.
- Instruct and supervise the work of aides and volunteers when assigned.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide for a safe and secure workplace and learning environment.
- Model and maintain high ethical and professional conduct standards.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student and school matters.
- Participate in workshops and training sessions as required.
- Communicate effectively and foster positive relationships with staff, students, and parents.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Follow all established policies, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrate support for the School, its goals and priorities.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.