How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Rowlett Middle Academy!
Community families with a student currently in 5th, 6th, or 7th grade are required to attend an information session via Zoom.
We have one remaining session available.
Informational Sessions with school leaders for Community Families:
- Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 6:30 pm Zoom Meeting
Register for an Informational Session Here:
Community Application Link:
Additional Documents for Review:
Current students from the community to be eligible to enter the lottery, will need to complete the following application steps, and bring items 2 – 5 to our RMA campus.
1. Attend with a parent an on-campus or an online informational session.
2. Complete an application form Deadline is February 4th, 2022 @ 4:00 P.M.
3. Submit a letter of recommendation from a current teacher or administrator (a coach, a Boy/Girl Scout Leader, a church minister, are other examples of teachers who may be considered a teacher).
4. Create a portfolio of three pieces of student work representing interest/skills in the arts, communication, or leadership. (ideas for the portfolio are listed on our website)
5. A letter of interest, written by the student.
6. If accepted attend one event: an online Spring Arts Elective Showcase (TBA) (to select options for their elective courses) and complete a short 7 Habits Leadership packet during the summer.
- If an RMA sibling is in a community school he/she must still complete the Community Application Process.
- Brothers and sisters must be in the same household. Cousins are not considered direct relatives.
- If you are a CURRENT REA family that did not submit a transition form, we invite you to apply through the community choice process.
Please contact our school office at 941-462-4001 and/or email our Choice Coordinator, Ms. Dudley Leigh with any questions: email@example.com.
Be sure to check out our "All About Us" video and explore our website too!
In the event that the number of applications exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level, or building, all eligible applicants shall have an equal chance of being admitted through a random selection process that complies with Florida law. A lottery will be held to determine which students will be accepted. The School will inform the Sponsor and the public of the registration period date, time and location of any required random selection process. The lottery will be held in public and/or witnessed by an independent third party. The Sponsor shall have the right to observe the process. The lottery will create a primary list of students and the initial waiting list from the students who have applied. Numbers will be randomly chosen to decide which students will be accepted into the school openings in each class offered. All students who are granted acceptance will be notified, and asked to respond whether they will be attending. If not, the next student on the list will be granted that position.