3/23/20 - 6:54PM
Sharing a link to FLDOE COVID-19 Resources:
3/20/20 - 4:30PM
3/17/20 - 1:49PM
Rowlett Middle Parents,
I hope you and your family are safe and able to take the necessary precautions to protect yourselves during these challenging times. The purpose of this message is to update you on a few things. Of course, this may change with new information and new directives.
- Parent conferences are postponed until further notice.
- As of now, students do not report back to school until Monday, 3/30. This is a very fluid environment so we will notify you if this date is changed or extended.
- RMA is a Blended Learning environment so students use eLearning daily on campus. Our main goal is to be proactive as a school and to ensure RMA students continue learning during this uncertain time. On Monday, 3/23 teachers will begin posting assignments for students on Google Classroom. All resources to complete these assignments will be provided. Parents, please monitor your student's Google Classroom accounts to view the resources and instruction being delivered. Please contact your teachers through Bloomz or email with any questions about assignments.
- You should be able to access the online applications through any device in your home. To ensure that every student has equal access to learning during this difficult time, all students will be allowed to check out their assigned iPad at RMA if needed. Rowlett Middle will be open from 10am-12pm on Monday the 23rd - Thursday the 26th to sign out student devices. If you are in need of internet please follow the link to a Free internet program with Charter Communications (Locally, Spectrum): https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist or to enroll in the low-cost broadband and Wi-Fi program, you can call 1-844-488-8395.
- Please continue to check our website, rowlettmiddleacademy.org for updates and your Bloomz app.
- You can email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need anything.
- There is a free food program available to families. Information can be found in the attached flyer.
- Families receiving food support from Families Helping Families will be contacted soon with information about receiving food.
3-14-20 - 1:56PM
3-13-20 - 6:10PM
Rowlett Academies are providing the following announcement regarding school closures from the School Board of Manatee County. We will follow this closure protocol. As of Friday, March 13, 2020, we plan to resume school on Monday, March 30, 2020. We will make eLearning materials available on our websites by Monday, March 23rd. Please stay tuned to Bloomz and our websites for official updates.
If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, call the Manatee Health Department at 941-242-6649 (8am-5pm M-F) before you go to the doctor.
HIGH PRIORITY – SPECIAL UPDATE
To our Parents, Employees and Community:
Florida Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran, with the support of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, has directed school districts across the state to close for two weeks due to concerns related to Coronavirus (COVID -19).
For the School District of Manatee County, that means schools will be closed to students until Monday, March 30, 2020.
Next week, March 16-20, is spring break in the district, so schools were already closed. The district will extend spring break for an additional week to meet the Commissioner’s requirements.
All school district employees will work the week of Monday, March 23 – Friday, March 27. Instructional personnel will work on professional development and training while support personnel will conduct the regular business operations of the district and prepare for the return of students on March 30.
All extracurricular activities for students, including all athletic contests, will be postponed for the next two weeks.
School District officials will continue to monitor developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) during the next two weeks and will provide updates on district and school websites; social media pages; the mobile app MySDMC and through electronic Connect-Ed phone calls and emails.
Again, all Manatee District schools will be closed to students until Monday, March 30, 2020. Additional details will be provided to students, parents and employees next week.
3-12-20 - 1:08PM
Students are receiving paper copies, similar to the information below, with the addition of the text from the Manatee School Board robocall and handwashing tips. An electronic version of that letter can be found in the files to your right.
We've also issued a "Mobile Device" survey for our families: https://forms.gle/wg17eecD1FdVVJ4W9
3/11/20 - 2:17PM
As Spring Break arrives many of you will travel with your families. With the concern about spreading the Coronavirus, please use caution and pay close attention to any interaction with individuals that may be sick. Your children are aware of proper hygiene techniques, but will need reminding. We have been in contact with the School District and, under recommendation from the Department of State and the CDC, we are asking that any student that goes on a cruise or travels to any Level 3 country indicated on the CDC website (link below) impose a "self-isolated" quarantine for 14 days. In addition, if you or your family are in contact with anyone that may be infected please let your school(s) and the Health Department know right away and follow the 14-day self-isolated quarantine procedure. These absences will be considered excused.
We will continue to update our website as new information becomes available. Students that are home will receive instructional through online applications. Our staff has started preparing lessons that can be delivered electronically via Google Classroom or other programs in the event of school closure/quarantines. We are prepared to utilize our technology resources for potential "eLearning days" which would allow us to continue educating students in situations in which learning would otherwise be disrupted. The safety of our students, staff, and families is our top concern.
Rowlett Academies will follow Manatee County Guidelines regarding field trips. At this point, all approved field trips will proceed as planned, but this may change depending on updates from the county/state. Parents may use their own discretion regarding student participation in these trips. However, if a student opts out of a trip, we will not be able to provide refunds or compensation.
For RMA Families currently scheduled to attend the NY Arts Field Trip. This trip is NOT refundable, unless you opted to purchase the travel insurance at the time of booking. That said, we are planning to allow the trip to proceed, per the Manatee County Guidelines, which are attached to this message,
Please contact your school administrators directly if you have any questions or concerns.
CDC Travel Health Notices: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices#
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
3/11/20 - 8:30AM
Rowlett is closely monitoring the situation and is making the necessary preparations in case the COVID-19 becomes more prevalent in our community. For now, there have been no indications of a widespread coronavirus outbreak, but that could change as time goes on.
We all play a role in reducing the likelihood of a coronavirus outbreak in our school community. We encourage everyone to practice good habits, including:
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after using the restroom and before preparing or consuming food. Wash for 20 seconds, using soap and hot water. Be sure to also wash your fingertips.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Always try to cough or sneeze into a tissue, and then throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your arm.
- As much as you can, avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
If children are feeling sick, please keep them home from school. Allow them some time to feel better so that they do not risk infecting others.
Rowlett will continue to communicate with you in the days and weeks to come. It is possible that we may need to cancel classes if it appears the Coronavirus has affected our community in a significant way. While we don’t have any indication that schools will need to close, we want to be prepared to utilize our technology resources for potential "eLearning days" which would allow us to continue educating students in situations in which learning would otherwise be disrupted.
As always, the safety of our students, staff, and families remains our top priority. We will act out an abundance of caution to protect everyone’s health and well-being.
RMA Health Services
Baggies (snack size)
Masking Tape (1 inch)
Gauze (squares or rolls)