Hello RMA families,
I hope that everyone in the Rowlett community is healthy and well during these transformational times. With only one week remaining until school begins we wanted to reach out to parents and guardians to provide a few updates and things to consider as we prepare for Monday, August 17th. Our mission this year at RMA is to provide a quality education while teaching the whole child, and to bring the learning to all students no matter where they are. All RMA staff members have been working hard to prepare classrooms and lessons for student Leaders to return to school both on campus and at home eLearners. Attached are a few campus pictures for your review since you have not been able to visit campus.
Please ensure to attend our Virtual Parent University on Saturday the 15th from 9AM-Noon to see videos on important topics that will help prepare your family and your student for the 20-21 school year. A detailed listing of topics with links will be published later this week. There will also be a live Zoom Q&A session from 11AM-Noon to address any parent questions, which will also be recorded. Please contact our front office or Admin if you have any questions or need assistance. Links will also be available before/after the event if this time frame is not convenient. We hope to see you soon!
-iPad pickup for eLearners and Hybrid Tuesday/Thursday students: 8/13, Thursday & 8/14, Friday 9am-3pm. If you cannot make this window, Hybrid Tuesday/Thursday students may receive their devices on Tuesday. eLearners should contact the office to make other arrangements. Please plan to utilize these distributions windows if at all possible.
-iPads for Face-to-Face students and Hybrid Monday/Wednesday students will be distributed on August 17th.
-Each student is assigned a school-assigned iPad to complete classwork at school and at home. This creates equal access to learning for all RMA students.
-$50 non-refundable fee will serve as insurance for any breaks, theft, or technical issues. Families helping Families funds have been donated specifically for iPad payment assistance, just contact administration if you would benefit from that assistance!
-Purpose: Safety and security of school network, safe web searches, no games or settings changes allowed, school-managed device to control updates and applications
-Bloomz - #1 tool for communication at RMA. Updates from school, events, and teacher messaging.
-Email - all staff will respond to email in a reasonable time
-Website updated school information and teacher contact info: https://www.rowlettmiddleacademy.org
-Google Classroom - students will receive assignments, collaborate with classmates, and can chat and email teachers
Health & Safety:
- All students and staff will wear a face covering while on campus. Masks will be strongly recommended and the best way to protect yourself and others. Face shields can be used in special circumstances.
-Temperature checks will be taken for both students and staff when entering campus. Families will be contacted when a temperature is above 100.4 degrees.
-Hand washing, social distancing, and other safety measures will be strongly promoted in class and on campus
-Please stay home when sick
-Families will be notified when there is a positive case on campus.
- All families will be receiving an email this week confirming their learning selection: eLearning, Hybrid T/Th, Hybrid M/W, and Face to Face
- Student schedules are being finalized and will be viewable in Focus later this week. If you need access to FOCUS, please complete the necessary paperwork: https://1.cdn.edl.io/3DdMdPxqMWfYjuWEfRYF2W51byf5z7nw4kdz8ssF78cVqNaY.pdf. You can call the front office if you do not know your student ID number. 941-462-4001.
- Student schedule/login info, etc will be provided with iPads during pickup for e-Learners and Tuesday/Thursday Hybrid students
- Student schedule/login info, etc will be provided on the first day of school for Face to Face and M/W Hybrid students
- All bus schedules will be sent by the early part of this week.
- You can still register for a bus by visiting: Rowlett Parent Letter 2020-21 ONLINE REGISTRATION Revised Link
-Contact A&A Transportation at 239-434-0777 x114
Finally, attached you will find a few sample photos of how we're working to keep our students and staff safe around campus. Additionally, a campus map was sent via Bloomz. Once you view your child's schedule in FOCUS, you'll be able to match up the classroom numbers. Of course, we'll also have plenty of staff on-hand to help students find their classes!
Thanks for reading and as always, please reach out if we can be of any assistance!
Mr. Jamara Clark - Principal - email@example.com
Mrs. Shelbi Ericsson. - Assistant Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org